I am a Superwoman !!!!
I loved reading about the changes in my body during pregnancy and how a female’s body organs change to accommodate a life inside. Then how beautifully the child is pushed out and how so many muscles are involved in the process of labour. As soon as the baby is born, the mother starts lactating. Her breastmilk has everything that her little baby needs for the next six months of his life. Doesn’t all this already make her superwoman? Ohh wait there are more to add !
S for Superwoman
We are all superwomen. We have so many super powers. Though we might not be perfect, but we do the best for our kids. We are agile, strong and brave and this is what is required to raise children. Here are a few more traits we have that make us all superwomen.
- We give birth to human beings !
- Multitasking is our biggest strength. We can cook, tend to our babies, fold laundry and sometimes read at the same time.
- We all have super hearing power. Not only that can hear our crying babies when no one else can. And right in the middle of the night, we know when they are cooing and want milk.
- Only mothers can find the lost items in the house.
- We function properly with a sleep deprived body.
- Mothers know what our children need and at what time.
- We can survey the danger at a place in once glance. When it came to child proofing our house, I could pick up so many risky point in my house than my husband could.
- We can convert our super expensive designer bags into diapers bags.
- Our reflexes our super human. And to add our intuition too.
- We are always right. Isn’t it awesome that we moms are right about everything?
Each and every mother is a superwoman. She delivered her baby by a natural way or caesarean. If she is working or a stay at home mom. If you see a mother nursing in public, do not stare at her. She is just feeding her hungry baby. Show respect and empathy to every mother. Let’s stop judging mothers. They do the best they can for their little ones.
This blog is a part of my series on A-Z of Parenting, Unlearn the Alphabets after becoming parents and Blogchatter AtoZ.