Welcome to the second month of my fitness journey. I am sad that this week started with my bad health so I tried detoxification. I mentioned last week that my son is teething. He did not sleep well for five nights straight and that took a toll on my health, I was down with fever and felt very weak. So I did not push myself to workout and did as much as I could. I took a little break from social media too. Because I couldn’t eat much, I took this opportunity to detox my body. Detoxification basically means cleansing the blood. Our body eliminates toxins from our body naturally, detoxification aids this process. This is a very important step in weight loss. Here a few ways that you can detox your body:
1. Start the day with water : This is an old one. Start your day with a warm glass of water with half a lemon squeezed in it. Lemon helps re-hydrate the system and promotes digestion, which will help the flow of waste out of your body. Aim to drink around 2-3 litres of water everyday.
2. Cut down sugar and salt intake : Eating more sugar means asking your pancreas to produce more insulin and straining yourself out. Having more salt leads to water retention in the body and thus bloating.
3. Green tea : It is loaded with antioxidants which help in cleaning the blood. At the same time it helps in improving the metabolism of the body.
4. Diet : Eat fresh fruits and vegetables along with nuts. Try to eliminate processed foods. Add variety of colours of fresh produce in your diet because it will bring in all type if vitamins too. Focus on eating a balanced diet.
5. Exfoliation : Dry brushing your skin or exfoliating using scrubs cleans the skin and helps in better blood circulation.
6. Detox the mind : It is good to de-clutter your mind, while you are trying to detox your body. Aim for 15 minutes of meditation per day. If you do not know how to meditate, just sit in a quiet place for sometime and focus on your breathing. It will make you feel refreshed and more aware of your surroundings.
I lost 0.1 kg this week.