When I think of writing, the first thing that comes to my mind is a beautiful diary and an ink pen. Call me old school, but I still believe in handwritten letters and cards. The love and emotion that I can pour in when I use a pen cannot be done while typing on a computer. When I first heard about the “Scribble your heart away” campaign, I could not stop myself from participating because I love these pretty journals and I wanted to use one. The journal was sent to me to review within a week of my submission. Here are my thoughts on this beautiful Journal from Matrikas.
About Matrikas Paper Products
The name Matrikas derives from the Sanskrit word for ” MOTHER “, denoting the powerful energies. Their range includes designed and finished Diaries, Notebooks, Journals, Office stationery and Social stationery. You can check out there official page and explore their wide range of products here. Their official Facebook page has more information about his campaign and other updates.
You can judge this book by it’s cover
There is only one reaction to this cover of the journal and that is “WOW” . It was love at first sight kind of feeling when I unwrapped my journal. The journal is hard bound and has a silky satin cover with the print of peacock’s feather. In ancient times, people used to write using a peacock’s feather and that is the significance of the feather on the cover of this journal. I chose “to write” because that is where I can be the most creative. There are three more variants of this journal :- To Dream (The Pink Journal), to Glide(The Blue Journal) and To Fly(The Brown Journal). I have already ordered my second one.
Where to buy :
These can be bought from Amazon for Rs. 450/.
Features that stand out
- As this is for a creative woman, it allures you to use your imagination and indulge in the beauty of this journal.
2. It consists of 8 adult colouring sheets which has some beautiful detailed elements. These sheets can be used for colouring, doodling and shading and acts as a great stress buster.
3. There are four sticker sheets with lovely stickers. This tempts one to be more aware of their thoughts and emotions.
4. There are pages for listing the books that you want to read and places that you wish to travel. This list comes handy to us to jot down whenever we come across new places and books.
5. In the end of the notebook there is a small pouch attached to keep notes or letters as keepsakes and also has an attached pen holder.
6. The ivory tinged paper quality is very good as there is no bleed through even after using pens with thick nibs.
TMS Rating :
Writing in this beautiful thing is sheer joy. It has become a part of my life now. I pen down my thoughts when I am preparing a blog post. This journal comes in handy for listing down day to day tasks because I tend to forget very easily these days. The quality of the paper is excellent and the beautiful adult colouring pages help me refresh my mind when I have the writer’s block. I would rate it 5/5 because there is nothing that needs to be changed. This is my new personal diary, notebook and organiser, all in one.
P.S. My lovely friend Kanika Jain has shared her thoughts about this pretty journal in her blog post. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Next in this blog chain is the beautiful Swati Verma from The privileged parent . She will be posting her review soon. Don’t forget to follow her on Facebook and show some love.