Pregnancy is a beautiful journey and you will get a lot of free advice during this time. But there are a few things that no one tells you (And you should know them)
Pregnancy secrets that no one tells you
1) Your life will change the moment you get to know that you are pregnant. Enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible.
2) Pregnancy is a roller coaster of emotions. You might laugh at one moment and cry over a silly issue the other. All thanks to you pregnancy hormones.
3) You will have numerous hospital visits and the most during the last leg of the pregnancy.
4) The first trimester is full of nausea and vomiting. You might feel nauseas to a particular taste or smell.
5) It is a good idea to lose weight now, if you aren’t pregnant yet.
6) Live a stress free life, helps a lot in keeping your hormones balanced. And also keeps the baby healthy.
7) Ignore “eat for two”. Rather eat a nutritious and a balanced diet. Weight gained during pregnancy is quite difficult to lose later on. So eat wisely now !
8) You will eagerly wait to feel the baby’s movements. But once they begin, you might have sleepless nights.
9) Your feet will swell and near the full term, you might not see your feet altogether.
10) You will have a periods free life right now, but these periods last for 6 weeks or more after the delivery.
And the secrets continue …
11) You might or might not have food cravings.
12) Your hair will become thick and lustrous. This is all because of the pregnancy hormones. But you will shed a lot of hair post partum.
13) You will touch your belly several times especially after the second trimester. Strangers will touch or rub your belly too. It is always a good idea to tell them politely to refrain from doing so.
14) Your breasts will grow bigger, And it will be a good idea to buy a maternity bra in the last trimester. Nursing bras are a must !
15) Not every pregnant woman gets a pregnancy glow. Some even get bad acne.
16) It is not compulsory to buy maternity clothes. You can always buy a bigger size which can be handy post -delivery too.
17) You might have some weird pregnancy dreams. About your unborn baby or sometimes a people from the past.
18) You might pee when you sneeze. Learn about Kegels and start practising them
19) If you are in India, you might be yearning to know the sex of the baby. Remember : All the scientific theories and baby sex predictors are false. They just give answers according to permutations and combinations. I tried them all, and most were wrong 🙂
20) Pregnancy is not easy. And if you do not like being pregnant, do not feel guilty. It is alright to not love your body which is increasing in size day by day. But remember, you are nourishing a human being inside. It is a miracle that your body can do that.
21) You will miss being pregnant after you have your baby.