I am turning 30 in two days and trust me, it is a big deal for me. Though I stopped calculating my age after 25, but now being 30 years old is going to be my reality soon. I am pondering over the thought that have I done justice to my 20’s. And am I ready for my 30’s?
Looking back at my 20’s
I worked in an oilfield company and I have spent a lot of time at the well sites. It wasn’t exciting nor it was fun, but it was altogether a different kind of experience which has helped me grow as an individual. It has made me fierce and open to challenges. Then came the fun part of doing an MBA when I was in my mid 20’s and was already pressurised to get married. Those two years were the best part of my life.
Then I got married to an amazing man who has made my life a bed of roses (he always sends me roses whenever we have a fight, hehe) and last year we were blessed with a beautiful baby . And that is my new identity now- MAMA. This mama became a blogger because she needed a space to vent her emotions . When it comes to blogging, I am at a very happy place right now.
I am engulfed with various emotions regarding turning 30 and this is best I can do with them— write them down. So here are my seven emotions before turning 30 –
1) I am getting OLD and will not be as energetic as I used to be. Having seen my parents being down with so many health troubles and I am scared I am going to have those too. I want to be fit and healthy so that I can spend many years free from diseases. And that is why I am focussing on fitness right now.
2) AGEING ! And wrinkles and dark circles. I don’t want those please. I don’t want to look old. Can this whole ageing thing happen to someone else and not me.
3) Will I have another KID? You must be wondering, she keeps telling how difficult it gets to handle her nine month old, and she is already talking about another kid? Yes, I am. Because I want Ayu to have a sibling. And I want to see him become a big brother and a caring one.
4) Is my CAREER path correct? I started working when I was 21 years old and stayed away from home ever since. Post MBA, I did not get the right opportunity and now I am a freelance writer. I am thinking about where do I see myself 5 years from now career wise?
5) Will I ever look as SEXY as I used to when I was 25? And let me tell you this is what I want so desperately.
6) Will I be a good MOTHER to my kid/s. I have always tried hard to become a perfect mom, so much that it has made me crazy. My husband keeps telling me that every mom is perfect for her child. But I still wonder , am I good enough?
7) Am I READY for my 30s? I will be. I am sure. And I keep telling myself, I will rock the 30’s because I love this life and strive hard to learn new things each and everyday. I should be thankful to God for what I have. This is something I prayed for when I was 20.
It’s a matter of 24 hours, and at the end of which I will already be 30. I think the way to stop caring about being 30 soon is to actually accept that this is the way things have turned out and all that has happened, happened for a reason. Let’s celebrate life.
How did you feel when you turned 30? If you will be turning 30 years soon, can you relate with my feelings? Let me know 🙂